6 April, 2016
Breaded Chicken Breast Stuffed With Mozzarella Cheese and Spinach
When you make chicken so often finding new ways to make it is a must. Tonight I was craving breaded chicken. Instead of just a breaded chicken breast I also decided to stuff them. As I’ve said in a few of my other blogs, brining the chicken is a must. If you’ve never brined meat before all you need to do is combine 2 quarts of water and 1/4 cup of kosher salt and mix until the salt is dissolved. Put your chicken in the water and let sit for 15 minutes. This adds so much moisture to the meat in the end. After that I pounded the chicken breast flat and breaded them. Once breaded I added the spinach and cheese and rolled them up. I used shredded cheese because that is all I had, but next time I will use a flat cheese, which is easier to roll up. Still they turned out great, very moist and full of flavor. My kids enjoyed the chicken very much after they pulled the spinach out. Sometimes they eat the spinach and sometimes they say yuck. I usually tell my son if he wants big muscles then he has to eat the spinach. He then flexes and eats it. However tonight he wasn’t having it. The chicken itself got a thumbs up from everyone and that makes me smile!
- 2 large chicken breast, cut in half to make 4 breast.
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/2 cup Italian bread crumbs
- 1/3 cup parmesan cheese
- 1 tsp. dried basil
- 1/4 pepper
- salt to taste
- mozzarella cheese
- Brine the chicken breast by adding 2 quarts water to 1/4 cup of kosher salt, stir until the salt is dissolved. Add the chicken and let sit for 15 minutes.
- Dry the chicken off with paper toweling.
- Pound the chicken out flat
- Salt and pepper the chicken.
- Combine the oil and garlic in one bowl
- In a second bowl, add the bread crumbs, parmesan cheese, basil, and pepper.
- Dip one chicken breast in the oil, then dip it in the bread crumb mixture. Coat both sides of the chicken. Place on a plate. Repeat with all the chicken breasts.
- Lay the chicken on a plate or platter. Place 5 or 6 spinach leaves on the chicken. (All I had was shredded mozzarella cheese so I sprinkled that over the spinach.) I would use a flat cheese instead next time.
- Roll the chicken up and secure it with tooth picks.
- Place in a greased backing pan.
- Add a little butter to the top of each chicken.
- Bake in the oven at 450 for 25 minutes.
These chicken breast are nice and moist and loaded with flavor. I hope you enjoy them!