12 May, 2016
I’m sure you’ve all seen these little bites all over the internet in the last few years. I bet most of you have even made some version of them. They might be called something else or have a few different ingredients in them, but they all are very similar. Some call for coconut, but since no one in my family likes coconut, I leave that out. I’ve been making them for some time now, but it’s been awhile since I made a batch. I don’t know why it’s been so long, because they are seriously loved by all the members of this household. My almost 9 year old takes them to school as a snack and the 5 and 3 year old eat them as snacks here at home too. I love it when they have healthy snacks like this! I wasn’t sure I would blog them because most people already make them, but I wanted to have them documented for myself. If you haven’t seen these bites or tried them yet, then I suggest you do so very soon. It’s a good healthy snack for the entire family.
- 3 cups oats
- 3/4 cup of natural peanut butter
- 1/2 cup and 1 tbsp. honey
- 1 tbsp. chia seeds
- 1/4 cup flax seed
- 1/2 cup dark chocolate chips (60% or higher)
- In a large mixing bowl, add all the ingredients, mix until well combined.
- Place the mixture into the refrigerator for an hour.
- Take out of fridge and roll into balls.
Keep in an airtight container in the fridge. Enjoy!