23 May, 2016
Beef Tips and Noodles
I like to make a lot of my recipes from scratch, but that’s not always possible. Sometimes life is too busy and recipes like this are nice to have on hand. These beef tips are pretty easy to make and not many ingredients are involved. I would love to make my own gravy, but just never sat down to find a recipe for that. I’ve been making it this way since I started cooking. It’s a great recipe, and everyone is my house enjoys it. I enjoy the Heinz Home Style Savory Beef Gravy, but you can use any kind of beef gravy, just make sure you have enough. I like to sauté the onions, mushrooms, and garlic a little before I add the beef. I think this creates some more flavor to the entire meal.
My kids thoroughly enjoy this meal and so do my husband and I. I’ve made it more often lately with all the beef we have in our deep freezer and no one is complaining.
If you try it out, let me know what you think.
- 1.5 lbs. of beef stew meat
- seasoning salt (I use Cattleman’s)
- 1tbsp. olive oil
- half a large onion or 1 small onion
- 1/2 cup of mushrooms, diced
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 large jar and 1 small jar of Heinz Home Style Savory Beef Gravy
- 12 oz. package of wide egg noodles
- In a skillet over medium heat add the olive oil, let it warm up. Add the onion, garlic, and mushrooms. Let cook for 5 minutes.
- Season meat. Add the meat and cook until brown.
- Add both cans of gravy, stir until combined. Salt and pepper to taste.
- Bring to a boil, turn down and simmer for 30 minutes.
- Cook noodles according to package.
Such a delicious recipe, enjoy!