28 May, 2016
Cod Grilled In Tin Foil
Who doesn’t like a quick, easy and low maintenance meal? This fish tastes great and is easy to make. In fact I made it because it was about 4:00 in the afternoon and I had no idea what I was going to make for supper. The kids had soccer games and my husband had church so it needed to be something fast and easy. I had made this many times a few years back and for some reason I forgot about it. I love how you can make it all up right in tin foil and put it on the grill. Not much prep or clean up! Another thought I had is that this would be good to make while camping. All you have to do is put your fish on the tin foil, season it, cut up some vegetables and put a couple of pads of butter on the top. This time I used Kickin’ Chicken seasoning. Next time I will use something milder as it was a little spicy. Now I will admit I only make this for my husand and I because the kids are not big fans of fish. I served them macaroni and cheese instead. However if you are a fan of fish, I suggest you try out this super easy recipe.
- 4 cod fillets (divided)
- Seasoning of your choice
- 8-10 onion slices (divided)
- 8-10 green pepper slices (divided)
- 3 mushrooms, sliced (divided)
- 2 Tbsp. butter (divided)
- Lay out two pieces of tin foil and spray them with non stick spray.
- Season both sides of your fish. Place two on the first piece of foil and two on the other.
- Place about 4-5 slices of onion over each serving, 10 all together.
- Place about 4-5 slices of green pepper on each serving, 10 all together.
- Slice the mushrooms and use about 1 1/2 on each serving
- Add a little more seasoning over the vegetables.
- Put 1 tbsp. of butter over each serving and close them up tightly.
- Cook on the gill for at least 12 minutes on each side.
- Open foil, transfer to plate and enjoy.
Too easy not to try!