31 May, 2016
A week ago we threw my sister-in-law a baby shower. She is having a boy and the theme was Little Man and Mustaches. My job for the party was to make the desserts. One of the things I made was these chocolate meltaway mustaches. I’ve made these before in the mini muffin tins like in the picture below.
However when shopping at Hobby Lobby I found this cute mustaches mold and I knew I was going to make these chocolates in the form of a mustache for the shower.
When I made them in the past I just made them pure milk chocolate, but for the shower I had the idea to add Rice Krispies to them to make a chocolate crunch. Let me tell you I loved the Rice Krispies in them and probably will keep doing it that way from now on.
These are a tasty treat, but I will warn you they melt fast. For the day of the shower I kept them in the freezer and brought them out right when the party was starting. Once people started going outside with them they started melting fast. I would not put these outside for display.
I hope you try these cute little chocolates out. You really could use any mold you wanted. Hobby Lobby has all kinds of molds for all occasions.
- 11oz. bag of white chocolate chips
- 1 cup dark chocolate chips
- 1 cup peanut butter
- 2 Tbsp. coconut oil, melted
- 2 cups Rice Krispies (really just put in as much as you want. If you like a lot use all 2 cups, if not start out with less and add more until you think it looks like enough. You can also leave them out all together.
- Add all the ingredients except the Rice Krispies in a microwave safe mixing bowl.
- Put in the microwave for 60 seconds, stir. If not melted heat for another 30 seconds, until smooth.
- Add the Rice Krispies and stir.
- Spoon chocolate into the mold.
- Put the mold into the fridge for at lest 20 minutes until set. Repeat this until all the chocolate is gone. This made about 24 mustaches.
- Store them in an airtight container in the fridge until ready to serve.
Here is what they look like when made in the muffin tin.