14 June, 2016
Chicken Salsa Tacos
This is a super easy, a super fast, and a super delicious recipe! Seriously, it doesn’t take much effort to make these tacos and there are not many ingredients. However, you can add more ingredients if you want. This is just what I put in our families. All you need is a few large chicken breasts, salsa, taco seasoning, and corn, throw it in the crock pot and you’re set. Our entire family loves these tacos. Most of us prefer to eat them in hard shells, but my youngest likes the soft shell better.
You will see that I use my homemade salsa which I linked to if you want to try that, but you can also use a store-bought salsa. I use Wildtree taco seasoning (because it’s better for you) but if you want you can just buy a pack of taco seasoning of any kind. You could also set out to Pinterest and find your own recipe for taco seasoning.
I’ve made this is large amounts for birthday parties and family get together because it’s so easy to make and convenient for a party. We also like to make the left overs into nachos the next day and bake it. There really is so much you can do with this recipe!
- 3 large chicken breast
- 2-3 cups of homemade salsa or 1-16oz. jar of store-bought salsa
- 6 tsp. of Wildtree taco seasoning or 1 packet of store-bought taco seasoning.
- 1-2 cups of corn
- Hard or soft taco shell tacos
* Black beans are a nice addition if you family likes them. I did not use them today.
- Place the chicken breast in a crock pot.
- In a mixing bowl add the salsa and taco seasoning, stir until combined.
- Add desired amount of corn.
- Cook on low for 4-6 hours.
- Take the chicken out and put in a large bowl.
- Shred Chicken with an electric mixer
- Add chicken back into the crock pot, mix until combined.
- Serve shortly after.
Add all the toppings you like!