21 June, 2016
Chicken Parmesan Casserole
Sometimes I just don’t know what to make for supper and I end up searching my deep freezer for meat and my pantry for ingredients. I also head over to Pinterest for ideas. Today I found this Chicken Parmesan Casserole over at Thriving Home. As usual I changed a few things to add more flavors that my family enjoys.
This casserole is another easy meal that packs a lot of flavor. The recipe calls for cooked chicken, but you could use uncooked chicken and just bake it longer. Today I cooked the chicken first with some garlic and salt and pepper for some added flavor.
Just like chicken parmesan we ate this over spaghetti noodles. I made the noodles up while the casserole was baking.
The entire family enjoyed it. My 3-year-old went to town on it, which is a huge win for me! It tastes just like chicken parmesan, but not with all the fuss to prep the chicken. This would also be a good meal to freeze if you wanted to make a few pans up at a time and freeze some for another time.
If you love chicken parmesan and are looking for a quicker easier way to make it, then try this out
- 4 cups of cubed chicken, cooked (2 good-sized chicken breasts)
- 1-2 Tbsp. olive oil
- 3 cloves garlic
- 1 25-28oz. jar of marinara sauce
- 1 1/2 cups mozzarella cheese
- 1/4 cup parmesan cheese
- 1 tsp. oregano
- 1 tsp. basil
- 2 Tbsp. olive oil
- 1 cup Italian bread crumbs
- salt and pepper to taste
- Cut chicken into small cubes. Over medium heat cook the olive oil and garlic for a few minutes.
- Add chicken to the pan. Season with a little salt and pepper.
- Pre-heat the oven to 350. Grease a 8×8 baking dish.
- Add the chicken to the dish.
- Pour the marinara over the chicken and stir.
- Cover with parmesan cheese and mozzarella cheese.
- Mix together the bread crumbs, oregano, basil, olive oil, salt and pepper to taste, and olive oil.
- Place the bread crumb mixture over the top of the cheese.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes, until it starts to bubble on the sides.