28 June, 2016
Take 5 Cookies
That’s all I need to say about these cookies, but I will say a little more, so you get the picture.
When trying to figure out what I was going to blog next, I realized I haven’t blogged about cookies yet. My kids love cookies and they love helping me make cookies, so today I had 2 little helpers in the kitchen. Having helpers means disappearing ingredients as well. They were excited when I brought out the Rolo candies and of course tasted a few.
Have you ever had a Take 5 Candy Bar? If not you’re missing out. These cookies have all the ingredients in a Take 5 candy bar and taste just like them. I love the use of Rolos. I had bought some Rolos for my daughters golden birthday and didn’t use them all. I set off to Pinterest to find a cookie recipe that I could use the Rolos in. I found this recipe over at a blog called Gather for Bread. Once I saw the combination of caramel and pretzels I was sold and set off to find the rest of the ingredients in my kitchen.
- 2¼ cups flour
- 1½ teaspoons baking soda
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup crunchy (or creamy) peanut butter
- 1 cup lightly packed light brown sugar
- ½ cup granulated sugar
- 2 large eggs (room temperature)
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 1 cup pretzel, lightly crushed
- 40 Rolo candies, unwrapped
- In a small mixing bowl combine the flour, baking soda, baking powder, and salt. Set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl beat the butter and peanut butter together until light and creamy.
- Add the white and brown sugar, beat until well combined.
- Beat in the vanilla and eggs until combined.
- Add flour mixture and mix well.
- Add the pretzels and mix by hand.
- Cut rolos in half.
- Take about 1 1/2 Tbsp. of dough and place 2 Rolo halves in the center.
- Fold dough over the Rolos.
- Place half a Rolo on top and place on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper.
- Bake at 350 for 12 minutes. Let cool on baking sheet for 3-5 minutes. Move to a wired rack and cool completely.