11 July, 2016
Bud Light Lime Marinated Chicken Legs
We love to grill out in the summer! Grab a cold beer sit out on the deck and smell the amazing smell of the charcoal grill with some tasty food on it.
These legs are marinated in beer and few other ingredients over night. The taste that comes from this is super delicious! I found this recipe a few years ago over at a blog called Picture The Recipe. When I saw the combination of ingredients I knew it was going to be good. Since then we’ve made these legs many times, and guest have always raved about how good they are. Some even have asked for the recipe and make them for their backyard barbeques.
I made these this weekend when my closest friend and her family came over for a cookout. I served them with bacon ranch potatoes, and roasted asparagus. I will be blogging the potato recipe soon, you won’t want to miss that one.
I can’t take all the credit when it comes to these legs because once they’re marinated my husband does the grilling. It’s a team effort with a great outcome!
If you enjoy a good backyard barbeque then please try these flavorful legs and let me know if you liked them.
- 10 chicken legs
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1 tsp. onion salt
- 1 tsp. paprika
- 1/2 tsp. ground cumin
- 1 tsp. cayenne red pepper
- 1/2 tsp. black pepper
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- half the juice from a lime
- 1 cup Bud Light Lime beer
- 1 handful of chopped parsley
- salt and pepper taste
- Place the chicken legs in a large ziplock bag. Set aside.
- In a bowl mix all the ingredients together.Stir and pour into the ziplock bag. Work the marinade with your hands to make sure all the chicken is coated evenly.
- Refrigerate over night or for as long as you can. Flip them over at least once.
- Once the chicken has marinated throw them on the grill for 30-40 minutes turning over the pieces & basting it with the marinade every 7-8 minutes until the internal temperature is above 170F.
- Take off grill and serve!