13 July, 2016
Bacon Ranch Potatoes
Another delicious crock pot recipe coming at you! I made these over the weekend as a side to my Bud Light Lime Chicken Legs. This wasn’t the first time I’ve made these potatoes and certainly won’t be the last. What I love about this recipe is after the little bit of prep work, these potatoes just cook all day long in the crock pot. You can literally forget about them. I love no hassles side when I’m having a few people over for dinner. I was so surprised the first time I made them, just how much flavor they had. I wasn’t expecting them to be so good, but they were.
These potatoes are a nice side to have at a cook out or potluck. They go well with just about anything. I’ve served them with ham, chicken legs, and taken to various potlucks or family gatherings. Every time they have received many compliments.
So if you looking for a new delicious side to serve your next dinner guest, pin this one and try it out.
- 3 lbs. baby red potatoes
- 1 package of bacon, cooked
- 8 0z. shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 envelope of ranch salad dressing and seasoning mix
- Chives (optional)
- Pre-heat oven to 400.
- Line a backing pan with tin foil.
- Bake the bacon for 20-25 minutes, until done.
- Chop bacon up.
- Wash potatoes, and quarter them.
- Line crock pot with tinfoil. Spray with non stick cooking spray.
- Place some of the potatoes on the bottom.
- Add some of the bacon.
- Add some cheese.
- Sprinkle some of the ranch seasoning over that.
- Repeat until ingredients are used up. I had 3 layers total.
- Cover with tin foil.
- Cook on low for 7 hours.
- Stir a couple times. Top with cheese a few minutes before serving.
- Just before serving add some chives. (optional)