22 July, 2016
Cheesy Hash Browns
Looking for a good side dish for an upcoming party or potluck? Well, I have the recipe for you! These are the best cheesy hash browns out there. I’ve been making these hash browns for 10 years now. I usually make them for guests, family dinners, potlucks, or anything with 10 people or more. One pan can feed about 10-15 people. I made these the other day when we had a cookout. I think they go well with hamburgers and brats, but any kind of hot sandwich as well. You really can’t go wrong with what you pair it with.
These hash browns are so easy to put together. I almost always assemble them before hand and then pop them in the oven when ready I’m ready to cook. One thing I love about the has browns is the corn flakes on top, I love the texture it gives to the dish. As you can see from my pictures I load them on.
If you’re looking for that perfect easy to make side dish, try these out and let me know if you think they are the best hash browns around!
- 1 (24oz.) bag shredded hash browns
- 1 (6oz.) package shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 (8oz.) carton sour cream
- 1 (11oz.) can cream if chicken soup
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 stick of butter, melted
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1 tsp. pepper
- 1 cup corn flake crumbs
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Spray 9×13 baking pan with non stick cooking spray.
- In a large bowl add the hash browns.
- Add the cheese.
- Add the sour cream.
- Add the cream of chicken soup.
- Add the onion.
- Add salt and pepper.
- Stir well until everything is combined.
- Add butter and mix until combined.
- Place in a pan.
- Sprinkle with corn flake crumbs.
- Bake for 1 hour.
- Serve immediately.
Enjoy this delicious side dish!