25 July, 2016
Fruit and Cream Cheese Pastries
My mom and dad were in town and spent the weekend at our house. I wanted to make something new for breakfast, so I made my way over to Pinterest to see what I could find. I found these pastries over at a blog called Just a Taste. I had visited this site before and had wanted to try these pastries out for some time now, I just needed the right occasion. I figured my parents could be my guinea pigs.
I am so glad I finally tried these out because they were really good! I enjoy making food with puff pastries and we all know I love cream cheese, so I thought this would be a good recipe for my family. I used what fruit I had in the fridge, strawberries and blueberries. Next time I will try raspberries and maybe some blackberries. I think just about any fruit will taste good.
My parents enjoyed them and so did my husband. I know I will be making these again when we have more over night guests. I would much rather make these cute little pastries then go to the store and buy some. I think they taste much better when homemade.
Try these pastries out and let me know if you thought they were as good as we did!
- 6 oz. cream cheese
- 2 Tbsp. sugar
- 2 tsp. lemon juice
- 1 tsp. lemon zest
- 1 tsp. vanilla
- 1 (17.3 oz) package frozen puff pastries, thawed (2 sheets)
- 1 1/2 cups fruit
- 1 egg
- 1 Tbsp. water
- Pre-heat oven to 400. Line 2 baking sheets with parchment paper.
- In a mixing bowl, beat together the cream cheese, sugar, lemon juice, lemon zest, and vanilla, until creamy.
- On a floured surface unfold the puff pastry and lightly roll with a rolling-pin to seal the perforations.
- Using a 4-inch round cookie cutter, cut out 5 circles from each sheet of puff pastry.
- Place 5 circles on one cookie sheet about 2 inches apart.
- Lightly score (with a sharp knife partially cut through the pastry, not all the way) a circular border 1/4-inch from the edges then prick the centers of each pastry with a fork.
- Spread some of the cream mixture inside the border of the pastry.
- Top with fruit.
- Whisk together the egg and water. Brush the edges of the pastry with the egg wash and sprinkle with some sugar.
- Bake about 18 minutes., until golden and puffy.
- Let cool on a wire rack.
Enjoy these lovely fruit pastries!