3 August, 2016
Sausage Soup (Gluten Free)
This soup is the bomb! This is another huge hit in our household. I love the meals that everyone likes and there are no complaints from anyone. In fact they eat so much of this soup there are rarely leftovers. If there are leftovers the next day it tastes just as good as the day before. The problem is deciding who gets the left over soup.
Not only is this sausage soup absolutely delicious, but it’s pretty simple to make. I found the original recipe a while back on The Taste of Homes blog. However I’ve made a few changes to it to fit my personal taste. If you like it simple and fast follow the original recipe, but if you want a little more flavor then I suggest you take the extra time and follow my recipe.
This is a gluten-free soup. I love that it doesn’t need flour to thicken it up like some soups I make. You can add pretty much any vegetable you want to it. I usually use carrots, celery, onions and corn. I find adding lots of vegetables to my soup sometimes gets my youngest to actually eat them. I’m tricky that way!
This soup is so good, no one minds that we are eating hot soup in the middle of the summer on an 85 degree day!
I hope you try this one out, it’s a 5 thumbs up for sure!
- 1/2 pound smoked kielbasa, diced
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 4 medium potatoes, peeled and cubed
- 2 cups frozen corn
- 32 oz. box chicken broth or stock (low sodium)
- 2 celery ribs, sliced
- 3-4 carrots, peeled and chopped
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp. onion powder
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1/4 tsp. pepper
- 1-1/2 cups milk
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- Heat 1-2 Tbsp. olive oil over medium heat. Add garlic and sausage. Cook sausage until brown. Salt and pepper to taste. With a slotted spoon, remove the sausage into a bowl and set aside.
- Add onion, celery, and carrots to the pan. Cook over medium heat for 7-10 minutes.
- In a large sauce pan add the chicken broth, potatoes, corn, and seasonings. Bring to a boil. Let boil for 2 minutes and turn down to a low heat.
- Add the sausage and vegetables.
- Cover and let simmer until vegetables are tender. At least 15 minutes.
- Add milk and cheese. Stir until combined.
- Salt and pepper to taste.
- Let simmer on low until ready to serve.
This soup is so delicious, enjoy!