24 August, 2016
Oreo Nutella Stuffed Cookies
Tomorrow starts another school year for my children. I like to start the year off by baking the teachers a treat. I set off to Pinterest to find a new cookie recipe. I found this site called Belly Full and this cookie recipe caught my eye. I did make a few changes to use the ingredients I had in my pantry and that I thought would enhance the flavor.
I had a few helpers in the kitchen today making sure everything was tasting good. My 9 year-old tried the cookie dough and informed me that I make the best cookie dough ever. 🙂 Kids are so easy to please! My son had all he could do from licking the Nutella out of the jar with his fingers. I let my daughter make one herself to take in her school lunch tomorrow. My husband gave his stamp of approval as well.
These cookies are sinful to say the least. Not only do you have a chocolate chip cookie, but you have a Oreo hidden in the middle. I added a little touch by covering the Oreo in Nutella. YUM! If you’re on a diet stay away, but if you’re like me and enjoy a treat every now and then try these babies out with some coffee! I think they would also be good to make for a potluck or party, that way you don’t eat them all yourself.
This recipe makes about 16 muffins, but I think I filled mine a little high and would maybe put less dough in next time.
If you dare to try these out let me know how you liked them and if they were a hit in your household.
Todays tip in the kitchen, is to always put the cover back on the vanilla. If you don’t you will spill it all over the counter as I have countless times. It’s not cheap stuff either.
- 1 cup (2 sticks) softened butter
- 3/4 cup packed light brown sugar
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1 tbsp. vanilla extract
- 3 1/2 cups flour
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1 tsp. baking soda
- 1/2 cup milk chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup peanut butter chips
- 1-1/2 cup Nutella (optional)
- 1 package Oreo cookies
- Preheat the oven to 350 and spray a muffin tin with cooking spray.
- In a large mixing bowl, beat the butter, brown sugar, and granulated sugar together with a mixer until well combined.
- Beat in eggs and vanilla.
- In another mixing bowl add the flour, baking soda, and salt. Stir until combined.
- Add the dry ingredients into the wet ingredients along with the chocolate and peanut butter chips until just combined.
- Scoop about 1 tbsp. of the cookie dough into the bottom of the muffin tin.
- Add a Oreo.
- Dab a spoon full of Nutella over the Oreo.
- Top off with another Tbsp. of cookie dough.
- Bake in the oven at 350 for 18 minutes.
- Let cool in muffin tin for 5-10 minutes.
- Remove with a sharp knife as carefully as possible.
Serve and enjoy!