27 August, 2016
Apple Peanut Butter Snack
This might be the easiest recipe I’ve posted yet. It is so simple and fun to make. It’s a delicious healthy snack for you and the kids. My kids call it “apples the special way.” I love easy healthy snack options and I love that they love it too. I’d much rather make them these apples than hand them a bowl of kettle chip that they usually ask for. Sure it’s healthier to eat just a plain apple, but making them this way makes that apple taste even better.
All you need for this simple snack is an apple, peanut butter, mini chocolate chips, and some sliced almonds. That is what I have on mine, but 2 of my 3 kids prefer this snack without the almonds. I’ve also used dark chocolate chips for a more healthy option. Really you could put anything you wanted on them.
Like I said they are simple, simple, simple! Next time your thinking about a snack remember this post and try it out, you and your kids will love it!
- 1 apple of your choice
- 1-2 Tbsps. peanut butter, melted
- 1 handful of mini chocolate chips (or whatever chips you have on hand)
- 1-2 Tbsps. sliced almonds
There are really no exact measurements, it’s really up to your preference.
- Slice the apple and place them on a plate.
- Melt the peanut butter for about 30 seconds
- With a spoon sprinkle the peanut butter over the apples.
- Sprinkle the chocolate chips on the apples and peanut butter.
- Sprinkle on the almonds.
It’s as simple as that. Now sit down and enjoy your healthy snack!