8 September, 2016
Easy Banana Bread
What do you do when you have 3 black disgusting looking bananas sitting on your counter? You make amazing banana bread of course. I get mad at myself when I let bananas got to waste, because there really is no excuse to throw them out. These dark black bananas make the best banana bread. The darker they are in color the sweeter the banana.
This is my favorite banana bread recipe! I found this recipe so many years ago on a blog called The Fresh Loaf. Not only is this bread delicious, but it is easy and fast to whip up. It takes awhile to cook, but the prep work is simple and quick.
I like to add in a few extra ingredients to make it even better. We add some dark chocolate chips and either chopped pecans or walnuts. I absolutely love nuts in my banana bread. I love the crunch it gives it. To me all banana bread should have pecans or walnuts in them.
I’ve made other banana breads that I like, but sometimes I just like to have this simple, but delicious banana bread. My kids absolutely love this bread. The wait for the bread to cool off after coming out of the oven sometimes drives them crazy! They want it right away. Seriously, tonight my daughter was saying “mmm…” the entire time she ate it. It’s defiantly 5 thumbs up approved!
I hope you give this bread a try and if you do let me know what you thought of it.
- 1/2 stick butter, softened (4 Tbsp.)
- 2 eggs
- 2 or 3 very ripe bananas
- 2/3 cup sugar
- 1 1/3 cup all-purpose unbleached flour
- 3/4 tsp. salt
- 1/2 tsp. baking soda
- 1/4 tsp. baking powder
- 1/2 tsp. cinnamon
- 1 handful of pecans or walnuts
- 1 handful of dark chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350
- Spray a regular size loaf pan or 2 small loaf pans with cooking spray.
- Mix the butter, eggs, bananas, and sugar together in a mixing bowl. ( A potatoe masher works well for this step) Set aside.
- In another bowl add together the flour, salt, baking soda, baking powder, and cinnamon. Stir
- Add the dry ingredients into the wet ingredients and with a spatula mix together until combined.
- Add nuts and dark chocolate chips and stir to combine.
- Pour into a greased loaf pan.
- Bake for 45-50 minutes, until a tooth pick comes out clean.
- Cool in the pan on wire rack for 10-15 minutes.
- Let completely cool on wire rack.