2 October, 2016
Easy Garlic Toast
Who doesn’t love a good piece of garlic toast with their pasta meals? In our house garlic toast or bread is a must have with all our favorite pasta dishes and even some other dishes as well. I’ve made many different garlic toast/bread recipes, but this one is the one I use the most. I think I keep coming back to this on because of how quick and simple it is, but delicious as ever.
The bread I use to make garlic toast is a loaf of bread from Walmart. Have you ever been in the bakery section and noticed the loaves of bread that are only $1.00? This is a great deal and the bread is really good. This bread is perfect for garlic toast, it comes already sliced and they have different kinds. I usually just buy the Italian loaf, but occasionally I get a sesame seed or everything loaf. They are all good. I freeze the bread and take out how ever many slices I need at that time. I always make sure I have at least one loaf in the freezer because there is nothing more upsetting then finding no bread to make garlic toast when your having pasta.
It really is a simple recipe and I wanted to blog it because I talk about garlic bread so often in my blog posts regarding pasta.
I hope you enjoy this garlic toast with your pasta as much as we do.
- 1 Loaf of Italian bread (Use how many slices you want)
- Salted butter
- Garlic powder
- Garlic Salt
- Italian Seasoning (Oregano or basil works too, if you don’t have Italian)
- Preheat oven to 400.
- Take out however many pieces of bread you need and place them on a baking sheet.
- Spread a generous amount of butter on each piece of bread.
- Sprinkle desired amount of garlic powder, garlic salt, and Italian seasoning on the buttered side of the bread. (Be careful with the garlic salt, you don’t want it to be too salty)
- Bake for 10-12 minutes.
Serve and enjoy this easy side to any great pasta dish.