4 October, 2016
Raspberry Lemon Cheesecake Tart
Yum, yum, and yum! This how I would describe this Raspberry Lemon Cheesecake Tart.
When company comes over dessert is a must. Tonight was no different when we had a guest come over after supper. The recipe I chose was something I’ve made a few times in the past. I found it at a blog called Susi’s Kochen Und Backen Adventures. I originally made it a year ago for the Fourth of July and used blueberries and raspberries to make an American flag. This time around I stuck with just the raspberries. You really could use just about any fruit, but raspberries go so well with the lemon flavor and they make it look really pretty as well.
There are so many great things that work in this dessert. Starting with the puff pastry bottom, the cream cheese mixed with lemon curd and then topping it off with fresh raspberries. The combinations will make your taste buds go wild.
Not only does it taste great, but it truly is a beautiful dessert to serve to guests. If you like lemon then you will most definitely love this dessert. Try it out and let me know how it turned out for you.
- 1 sheet puff pastry, thawed
- 4 oz. cream cheese, softened
- 1/3 cup sugar, plus more for sprinkling
- 2 Tbsp. heavy cream
- 1/3 cup lemon curd, homemade or store-bought ( I used this recipe here for the lemon curd)
- 1 pint raspberries
- 1/4 cup seedless raspberry jam, warmed
- Powdered sugar
- Preheat oven to 425
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- On a lightly floured surface roll the puff pastry into a 10 X 11 inch rectangle. Transfer to baking sheet.
- Brushes edges with water and fold over on all 4 sides to create a lip.
- With a fork poke holes all over the center of the puff pastry.
- Gently brush an egg wash over the entire puff pastry.
- Sprinkle the entire pastry with about 2 tsp. of sugar.
- Bake until golden brown, about 15 minutes.
- Remove from oven and let cool completely on a wire rack. If pastry has raised in the middle lightly push it back down with a spoon.
- Combine the cream cheese and sugar in a mixing bowl. Mix with an electric mixer until smooth and sugar is well incorporated.
- Add the heavy whipping cream and mix for a minute.
- Fold in lemon curd.
Assembling the tart:
- Spread the lemon curd cream cheese mixture over the center of the cooled tart.
- Arrange the berries over the curd.
- Drizzle with the warm jam.
- Dust with powdered sugar.
Cut into squares and serve!