5 October, 2016
Mini Taco Bowls
Sometimes you just need a fun new way to make the same old meal.
We love tacos in our house and I think it’s safe to say we have them at least every other week. At times we make nachos out of the left over taco meat. A year ago I was throwing my son a birthday party and all the food I made was appetizers. I came up with this cute way to make tacos into an appetizer. However we have now taken what was an appetizer that day and made it into a meal for our family.
Have you ever heard of Wildtree? Wildtree is a company that offers natural food seasoning, sauces and various other products with no preservatives. I buy and use Wildtree taco seasoning for all my taco recipes. I love knowing that there are no preservatives in my tacos seasoning unlike the ones you buy at the grocery store. Now I realize not everyone has Wildtree taco seasoning in their spice cabinet. You can buy a seasoning packet from the store if you must or check Pinterest for a homemade recipe.
For the younger kids I only use Wildtree taco seasoning, but for my husband, our 9-year-old, and I, I like to spice it up a little bit. This time after I filled the kids taco bowls I added some Hot Giardiniera to ours. Let me tell you this was excellent and I highly suggest you try it. It gave it a little kick, but added a great flavor.
To make the boats I use a regular size muffin tin. I heat the corn tortilla shells either on the stove or in the microwave so that you can form them better into the muffin tin. If you skip this step the tortillas can be difficult to form into the pan and stay there.
Now when it comes to toppings we usually use cheese, onion, green pepper, salsa, taco sauce, lettuce, black olives, and sour cream. You of course can add whatever toppings you and your family like. Because everyone in my family has different taste buds, I only cook the bowls with the meat and cheese on them and then I put all the other toppings out on the table for everyone to choose what they like.
This really is a great recipe for any occasion. If you’re looking to present tacos in a new way, try it out and let me know what you think.
- 1 lb ground beef, cooked and drained
- 5 tsp. Wildtree taco seasoning (1 packet from store)
- 1/4 cup Hot Giardiniera, blended in food processor
- 12 white corn tortilla shells
- Shredded cheddar cheese
- Additional toppings of your choice
- Preaheat oven to 350
- Microwave tortillas for 30 seconds or heat on the stove. This will make them easier to fit in the muffin tins.
- Place one warmed tortilla in each spot of a normal sized muffin tin.
- Brown ground beef, drain.
- Add taco seasoning according to directions on package. I added 3/4 cup with my Wildtree seasoning.
- Add the Hot Giardiniera to food processor and pulse a few times.
- Add Hot Giardiniera to the ground beef and stir.
- Fill each tortilla bowl with taco meat.
- Add shredded cheese on top of the meat
- Cook at 350 for 20 minutes. Until cheese is melted and the tortilla is browned
- Take out of oven and remove from pan with knife
- Top with desired toppings.