20 October, 2016
I really have never met a person who doesn’t like cookies. We don’t make them around our house too often, but we’re road tripping it tomorrow and I thought cookies would be a good treat for the very long car ride ahead of us!
I originally made these cookies for the bottom of some cheesecakes. I had extra dough left over and made up a few cookies as well. The cheesecakes were amazing, so I knew the cookies would be good too. The cookies were so good my husband ate almost all of then that night. I had to save 2 for the kids lunch.
The best thing about these cookies is how soft and chewy they are. I think the key to that is just under baking them a little because they always cook a little more after you take them out.
Another wonderful thing about these cookies is how pretty they are. I love all the colors of the M&Ms. They make a good dessert for company or for a gift for a friend or neighbor.
This recipe makes about 20 cookies depending on how big you make them.
I hope you try these cookies out, I promise you will love them!
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup light brown sugar
- 1/2 cup creamy peanut butter
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1 egg
- 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- 1 tsp. baking soda
- 1 1/2 cups old-fashioned oats
- 1 cup M & M’s
- 1/2 mini chocolate chips (any kind of chocolate chips will work)
- Preheat oven to 350.
- In a large mixing bowl beat together the butter and sugar until creamy and fluffy,
- Add the peanut butter. Beat for another minute until combined.
- Add the vanilla and egg, beat until combined.
- In a small mixing bowl add the flour, baking soda, and salt.
- Add the dry ingredients into the wet ingredients and mix until combined.
- Fold in the oats, M&M’s and chocolate chips.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper. Roll dough into balls and place on baking sheet. Flatten just a little and place a few M&M’s on top for beauty.
- Bake for 12 minutes. Let sit on the pan for a few minutes before transferring cookies to a wire rack to cool completely.
Enjoy with a glass of milk or coffee!