2 November, 2016
Baked Cheese and Shrimp Flat
Sorry it’s been awhile since I made a blog post, but we just got back from a vacation to Florida. Now that we’re home and settled back into the grove of things I can get back to blogging.
This recipe is a different take on a flat bread pizza. Instead of a pizza crust we are going to use cheese for the crust. You can use just about any cheese you like. I used Gouda shredded cheese and shredded Swiss Gruyere cheese today. If you want a harder crust you could use Parmesan or Asiago cheese.
On top of the cheese crust I added some sauted shrimp, mushrooms, onion, and more cheese. Once its all cooked we top it off with fresh cilantro. These flavor are amazing together and my husband and I had a spectacular lunch today. As we ate it we decided it would also make a good dip if you didn’t want that harder crust at the bottom. I think I will try that soon.
I found the original recipe on this blog called,Nectar. I made a few changes that I knew we would like and with ingredients I had on hand.
This is a very tasty recipe and I enjoyed trying out something new. I hope you try it, let me what you thought of it if you do.
- 2 cups Gouda, shredded (divided)
- 1.5 cups Swiss Gruyere, shredded (divided)
- 1 dozen large shrimp (peeled, devined)
- 1 garlic clove (minced)
- 1/4 cup red onion
- 5 baby bello mushrooms, sliced (I used a can of sliced mushrooms instead when I had no fresh mushrooms)
- olive oil
- red pepper flakes
- salt and pepper
- handful of roughly chopped cilantro
- Preheat oven to 425.
- Cover baking sheet with parchment paper. Spread 1 cup Gouda and 1 cup Gruyere to make a flat 10-12 inch circle. Bake for 5-10 minutes. Remove from oven and turn oven down to 350.
- In a large sauce pan add some olive oil and garlic, let it warm up. Add the mushrooms and saute for a few minutes.
- Salt and pepper shrimp. Add the shrimp to the mushrooms.
- Add red pepper flakes. I would say about 1/4 tsp.
- Once the shrimp is done (about 6 minutes) place them and the mushrooms on top of the cheese crust.
- Add red onion
- Top with 1 cup Gouda cheese and 1/2 cup Gruyere cheese.
- Bake 10 more minutes or until desired color is reached.
- Top with cilantro.
- Let cool a minute or two.
- Cut into slices and serve.