3 November, 2016
Chicken Lettuce Wraps
Lettuce wraps are something I’ve been making for my family for many years now. My kids use to eat them like crazy when they were real little. Now my 9-year-old is the only one who embraces the whole experience, the other two just eat the chicken out of them.
I have tried many different recipes from Pinterest and have also had lettuce wraps at many different restaurants. I can honestly say I have never had one I didn’t like.
Today I decided to make my own chicken lettuce wrap recipe instead of one from Pinterest. This is an easy quick recipe. If you want to add more to it you can. I did not feel these wraps needed an extra sauce to put on, but if you want to create one go right ahead. One ingredient I would add, but didn’t have in my pantry is La Choy Rice noodles. We usually put these on our lettuce wraps before eating to add some crunch.
These lettuce wraps are absolutely delicious and will be a go to recipe for me when looking for a delicious quick meal for my family. I hope you enjoy these lettuce wraps as much as we did.
- 3 chicken breasts, cut into bite sized pieces
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/2 of an 8 oz carton of mushrooms, diced
- 1/4 cup low sodium chicken stock or broth
- 1/4 cup raw honey
- 1 carrot finely grated
- 1/4 cup toasted sesame seeds
- 4 drops of sesame oil
- 1/2 tsp. ground ginger
- 1/4 cup soy sauce
- salt and pepper to taste
- Head of butter lettuce
- Cut chicken into bite size pieces and set aside.
- Warm a large skillet with sesame oil (olive oil will work) add garlic and mushrooms. Saute for a few minutes.
- Salt and pepper the chicken. Add chicken to the pan.
- Add the chicken stock.
- Let the chicken stock boil until the chicken is almost done.
- Add the honey, carrots, sesame seeds, sesame oil, ground ginger, and soy sauce. Stir and let cook until the liquid is gone.
- Salt and pepper to taste.
- Place desired amount of chicken into each leaf of lettuce.