13 November, 2016
Psgetti pizza is a recipe I made for the first time before I was married. I haven’t made it much since then and decided it was time to introduce it to my kids to see if they liked it. Surprisingly my youngest (and also the pickiest) seemed to like it the best. And my 9-year-old ended up going to a friends for dinner and didn’t get to try it. I know she will try it tomorrow as left overs. My husband enjoyed it much more than the first time I made it for him 11 years ago. Maybe it was better now that I am more experienced at cooking. 😉
This dish is more like a casserole, but has a lot of wonderful flavors in it. I really enjoy the bottom layer of spaghetti the most. I’ve always thought this to be a good dish to pass for a pot luck or family reunion. It makes a lot. In fact, I believe I took it to my family reunion way back before I was married.
It does take a little bit of time to put together, but every step is pretty simple.
Of course you can add or subtract any of the pizza ingredients. If I would’ve had green peppers I would’ve put them in there. I know my kids wish I would skip the mushrooms, but my husband and I love them. It’s easy enough for them to pick them out. We also enjoyed my Easy Garlic Toast as a side, follow the link for that recipe.
If you’re up for something new, try this out and let me know if you liked it!
- 30 oz. spaghetti sauce
- 1 1/2 tsp. oregano
- 1 tsp. basil
- 12 oz. spaghetti noodles, cooked
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup milk
- 4 cup mozzarella cheese, divided
- 1 tsp. garlic powder
- 1 lb. ground beef, browned and drained
- 1 cup pepperoni, quartered
- 1 cup mushrooms, diced
- 1 cup onions, chopped
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Cook noodles according to package.
- Combine eggs, milk, 1 cup mozzarella cheese, garlic powder and cooked spaghetti.
- Spread into a greased 15X10 pan.
- Bake at 350 for 15 minutes.
- Combine 30 oz. spaghetti sauce with the oregano and basil.
- Pour over baked spaghetti.
- Sprinkle with 2 cups of mozzarella cheese.
- Sprinkle on the ground beef, pepperoni, mushrooms, and onions.
- Sprinkle the remaining cup of cheese on top.
- Bake for 35 minutes at 350.
- Let stand for 10 minutes before cutting.
- Serve with garlic toast!