18 November, 2016
It’s Friday let’s have a drink! Brandy slush is something I remember having at family gatherings here in Wisconsin. It’s easy to mix up and nice to have something different than just beer and wine to serve your party guests. Even though this might look like a summer drink you can enjoy brandy slush at anytime of the year. It would make a good Thanksgiving Day drink or even Christmas parties.
Brandy slush is made in a large quantity and put into the freezer to freeze. This recipe will fill a large ice cream bucket. You will need to plan on making this the day before your event as it needs some time to freeze overnight.
Once the slush is frozen you can fill up a glass 3 quarters of the way up and then fill the remaining 1/4th with 7 up. Stir it up and serve with a straw. I’m sure your guests will love it!
- 7 cups water
- 2 cups sugar
- 1 large can orange juice
- 1 large can lemonade
- 2 cups of brandy
- 7 up
- Combine water and sugar and bring to a boil, stirring often.
- Let cool
- Add the cans of orange juice and lemonade and stir.
- Add the brandy.
- Pour into bucket and freeze over night.
- Fill a nice glass 3 quarters full.
- Pour in 7 up to fill glass.
- Stir with straw and serve.