8 December, 2016
Chicken Pepper Jack Macaroni & Cheese on the Grill
So, it’s been awhile. My life has been crazy busy and top it off my oven has decided to break. How do you cook for a family of 5 with no oven? Well you use the crock pot, the stove top, and the grill. Today I decided to try something new. I took advantage of the stove top and the grill.
When camping this summer we made macaroni and cheese over the fire and it was so good. In some of them I used pepper jack cheese and the outcome was so much better than your plain old macaroni and cheese. So today I decided to add some chicken into that and make a chicken pepper jack macaroni and cheese bake. If you have an oven that works, by all means make this in your oven at home and not on the grill, however today I’m forced to use my grill.
I wasn’t sure how my family was going to like my new creation, but I would have to say I was pleased with their response. My kids finished all their food with no complaints and my husband commented that he really liked it. The next day my youngest and I shared the left overs and they were just as good as the day before.
- 2 large boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 3 cloves garlic
- 1 Tbsp. olive oil
- 8 oz pepper jack cheese, shredded
- 1 cup cheddar cheese
- 32 oz box elbow macaroni noodles, cooked ( I used all, but about a cup of the cooked noodles)
- salt and pepper to taste
- 2 cups milk
- 3 Tbsp. butter, cut into little cubes
- 1/4 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
- Dice chicken into small pieces.
- In a skillet heat 1 Tbsp. olive oil and garlic.
- Once the oil is heated add the chicken. Salt and pepper to taste. Cook until done. Set aside.
- Cook macaroni noodles according to package and set aside.
- In a greased baking pan add half the noodles, half the chicken, and half the pepper jack and cheddar cheese. Repeat with the remaining noodles, chicken and cheese.
- Sprinkle shredded Parmesan
- Pour milk over the top.
- Grill for 30 minute or bake in oven at 350 for 30-40 minutes.