4 January, 2017
Chicken Broccoli and Bacon Pasta (Gluten Free Option)
Do you love bacon? If so you just might want to try this chicken broccoli and bacon pasta.
I’ve been meaning to try this recipe over at Julia’s Album and today was the day for just that. I made a few changes, but the basics of the original recipe are there.
My 6-year-old son loves bacon, so when I saw this recipe I knew I was going to try it. The meal did receive a thumbs up by each kid. My husband was not home to eat with us, so a true 5 thumbs up could not be attained right away. When he did come home he reheated some and gave it the last thumbs up!
I enjoyed the Alfredo flavor of the sauce with the bacon and chicken flavor. I even took it step further towards unhealthiness and cooked my chicken in bacon grease. Healthy, no, but delicious, yes! If you don’t want to cook the chicken in bacon grease just use olive oil instead.
We really enjoyed this meal and I suggest it to all of you out there who found your way to this recipe.
I think it’s going to be even better today as leftovers!
- 2 large chicken breasts, diced
- salt and pepper (seasoning salt)
- 2 Tbsp. olive oil (or grease from bacon)
- 4 garlic cloves (divided)
- 3/4 cup heavy whipping cream
- 2/3 cup milk (I used 1%)
- 1 1/2 cups of 5 blend cheese (can use 4 blend or mozzarella)
- 1/2 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
- 8 oz. linguine (for gluten free version, use gluten free brown rice fettuccine)
- 2 cups cooked broccoli florets
- 8 strips bacon, cooked
- salt and pepper to taste
- white wine (optional)
- Cook bacon and set aside.
- Boil the broccoli to desired tenderness, set aside
- Cut chicken breast into small pieces. Season with season salt or salt and pepper.
- Cook noodles according to package. Reserve 1/2 cup of the water from the noodles before draining.
- On medium high heat add olive oil or bacon grease to a large skillet. Once hot add 2 minced cloves of garlic. Saute about one minute and add the chicken.
- Cook chicken until done. Remove the chicken with a slotted spoon and set aside.
- Deglaze the pan with some white wine if desired.
- Add the other 2 cloves of minced garlic, heavy whipping cream, and milk, bring to a boil.
- Add the both cheeses and mix until the cheese is melted.
- Add the chicken, broccoli, bacon, noodles, and pasta water to the pan.
- Stir until combine and serve.