7 January, 2017
Easy Crock Pot Shredded Chicken Taco Meat (Gluten Free)
This has to be one of the easiest, most simple, inexpensive, yet delicious meals I make for my family and is loved by all 5 of us. When I say simple I mean it. There are only 3 ingredients. YES, you read that right 3 ingredients! You have the chicken breasts, some low sodium chicken broth, and taco seasoning. Easy Peasy!
Not only is it easy to mix up, but once it’s in the crock pot you can forget about it until supper time. Once it’s done shred it with an electric mixer and you have yourself some shredded chicken to put on just about anything. You could put them on tacos, burritos, top a salad with it, or make nachos, the list goes on.
We usually eat this meat in tacos. We like to top our tacos off with some onion, green pepper, cheese, salsa, lettuce, and some of us use sour cream and taco sauce. Check out the recipe for this homemade salsa we use on everything, it’s so good. I seriously make this salsa weekly because we eat so much of it.
This is a budget friendly meal, that the entire family will enjoy and you can use it in many different ways. Try it out and let me know how your family enjoyed this shredded chicken taco meat.
- 1 lb chicken breasts. (2-3 pieces depending on size)
- 4 Tbsp. homemade taco seasoning or 1 packet of store-bought taco seasoning.
- Low sodium chicken broth. (I use a 32 oz. box, but not all of it.) If making gluten free makes sure the chicken broth is gluten free.
- Place chicken breast in crock pot.
- Sprinkle taco seasoning over the chicken.
- Pour the broth over the chicken and taco seasoning just until it covers the chicken.
- Cook on low for 5-6 hours.
- Remove the chicken and shred with an electric mixer.
- Return the shredded chicken to the juice in the crock pot.
- Cook on low for 30-60 minutes.
- Drain excess liquid before serving if desired. The juice would be good on salads, but would make tacos messy.
Serve and enjoy!