8 January, 2017
Hawaiian Sausage Pineapple Bites
It’s game day and the Packers are in the playoffs!!! Are you as excited as I am?!?! Well for us that means we’re having appetizers during the game. One of today’s appetizers are these delicious Hawaiian Sausage Bites. These little guys are super yummy and easy to make. So even if you’re not a Packer fan or if your watching another game, you can make these up for any occasion.
I’ve made these numerous times over the years and they’re always a big hit. I think my favorite thing about them is that my children love them. They might even eat more of them then I do. If my kids love something then it is something I make more than once.
I love the flavor these bite pack, The pineapple and teriyaki are a good match.
So if you having a play off or super bowl party add these Hawaiian Sausage Bites to your menu, you will be happy you did!
- 2 lbs. kielbasa sausage, sliced into 1/2 inch pieces (you can use any kind of sausage you want)
- 14 oz. can pineapple chunks (save juice for later)
- 3 Tbsp. teriyaki sauce
- 1 Tbsp. sweet chili sauce
- 1 Tbsp honey
- 1 Tbsp pineapple juice (from can)
- Preheat oven to 425.
- Slice sausage and place in a zip lock bag.
- Mix together the teriyaki sauce, sweet chili sauce, honey, and pineapple juice.
- Pour mixture in the zip lock bag over the sausage. Cover all the sausage with sauce.
- Line a backing sheet with tin foil. Place the sausage on the tin foil. Reserve the juice for later.
- Top each sausage with a pineapple chunk.
- Brush the top of the pineapple with the left over juice from bag.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes.
- Remove from oven and serve.