10 January, 2017
The Best Jalapeno Poppers
Another appetizer being brought to you today. With the big Super Bowl coming up in a few weeks I thought appetizers would be a good addition to my blog. These jalapeno poppers are one of my favorite appetizers I’ve ever made.
My husband and I have been making these for years for many different guests and occasions. They’re a big hit with our guests too, so much so there might have been a fight over the last one a time or two. 😉
I love these poppers because there is no cream cheese in them. I’m not a fan of jalapeno poppers with cream cheese. These poppers are stuffed with chicken and then wrapped in bacon and marinated in Zesty Italian salad dressing. YUM!!!!
These jalapeno poppers need to be prepped the night before or very early the day of your party so they can sit in the marinade over night. or as long as possible. It’s well worth the wait though because they’re so good and flavorful.
We grill these out on the grill and they take about 20 minutes. Once they’re done I put them in a crock pot on low or warm to keep them warm until ready to serve. This way you can make them up ahead and not have to be outside grilling when your guests arrive.
So in a few weeks when you’re planning your Super Bowl menu I urge you to add these poppers into the mix and watch your guests eat them up in no time!
- 1 large or 2 small chicken breasts.
- 8-12 jalapenos, halved and seeds removed unless you want them extremely hot.
- 12 pieces of bacon, halved.
- 1 bottle of zesty Italian salad dressing.
- Halve the jalapenos and take out the seeds.
- Cut chicken into pieces that fit into the jalapeno.
- Wrap bacon around each jalapeno with chicken in it. Secure with a tooth pick.
- Place in an air tight Tupperware container.
- Pour Italian dressing over.
- Let sit in marinade all night flipping the Tupperware container over once or twice.
- Heat grill on a low to medium heat.
- Place the chicken side down on the grill and cook for 10-15 minutes.
- Flip popper and cook 5-10 more minutes, until the chicken and bacon are done.
- Take off the grill and serve in a crock pot set on warm.