2 February, 2017
Shrimp Alfredo Mushroom Pasta
Creating new recipes is something I love to do. Sometimes I get my ideas from other recipes and then other times I come up with something on my own. This recipe was inspired by a picture I saw on Pinterest, but created by myself. I take a lot more pride when a recipe I put on the table is something I created and recieves great reviews from my family.
The meal that I put on the table last night was this Shrimp Alfredo and Mushroom Pasta. It is so easy to put together and can be on the table in 30 minutes from start to finish. This a perfect meal for the working mom who doesn’t have a lot of time after she gets home to put together a delicious meal. Or maybe you’re like me and stay at home, but get so busy you forget about dinner until it’s too late.
The flavor this recipe produced was so good. My husband was not able to join us for supper, but when he got home and heated his up he couldn’t stop eating it. My 4-year-old the pickiest of all eaters ate the most out of the 3 kids. She loved the shrimp. My 9-year-old asked for the left overs in her lunch the next day. These are just a few examples to show you just how much my family enjoyed this meal.
For me most of these ingredients are things I have on hand. They’re also ingredients that can easily be changed out to something else you do have on hand.
So if you’re looking for a delicious easy to put together meal, try this one out it’s a keeper!
- 1 lb raw large shrimp, tails off
- 1 Tbsp. olive oil
- 3 garlic cloves minced
- 1/4 tsp. paprika
- 1/8-1/4 tsp. red pepper flakes
- 1/4 tsp. Italian seasoning
- 1/4 tsp. basil
- 1/4 tsp. minced onion
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- 1/4 tsp. pepper
- 8 oz carton of mushrooms, sliced
- 1 cup dry white wine (divided)
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1/2 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
- 1/2 cup of shredded 4 cheese blend
- 1 lb fettuccine noodles, cooked
- 3/4 cup noodle water
- salt and pepper to taste
- In a small combine the paprika, red pepper flakes, Italian seasoning, basil, minced onion, salt, and pepper and stir.
- In a large skillet and the olive oil and minced garlic over medium heat.
- Coat thawed shrimp with the spices.
- Once oil is hot add the shrimp. Heat for 2 minutes on each side. Shrimp should be pink.
- Remove with a slotted spoon and set aside for later.
- Cook the noodles according to package.
- Deglaze the pan with 1/2 cup white wine and stir.
- Add the sliced mushrooms and cook for a few minutes until tender.
- Add heavy cream and the other 1/2 cup of wine. Bring to a boil for a few minutes.
- Turn heat down to low.
- After a few minutes slowly and the shredded Parmesan cheese continuously stirring. Then add the 4 cheese blend slowly while stirring. This will help prevent the cheese from clumping up and melting smoothly.
- Add the shrimp back into the pan and stir until combined.
- Once the noodles are done save 3/4 cup of the pasta water. Drain noodles.
- Add the noodles to the pan.
- Add the 3/4 cup of pasta water. Stir until combined.
- Let simmer a few minutes.
- Serve and enjoy.