20 March, 2017
Smashed Baby Red Potatoes
We love these smashed baby red potatoes in our house. I think we love them so much because it’s a cool different way to prepare and eat potatoes. These smashed baby reds are delicious and fun to add as a side to any meal. Tonight for supper we had them ass a side to BBQ Ribs.
I started making these potatoes years ago when I was sick and tired of having the same old potatoes as a side to our meals. I’ve made these potatoes just for our family and I like to make them when we have guests as well. No matter the occasion they are always delicious and enjoyed.
I cut my baby reds in half and then boil them in water until a fork sticks through them. Then they get smashed on a baking sheets and baked in the oven.You can either smash them with a potato masher or a fork. I’ve found a fork works better. I like mine crisp so I bake them until I can see that they are getting brown and crispy.
For the seasoning you can use anything. Today I used salt, pepper, Italian seasoning and a little Parmesan cheese. In the past I’ve used oregano, basil, even Cajun seasoning. It’s really your preference. In the ingredients I do not have exact measurements as I do not measure out the seasonings. I just sprinkle on how much I like. Also you could have more or less potatoes as well, 8 is just how many I had left in my pantry.
Try these little smashed potatoes out if you’re looking for a new delicious way to prepare your potatoes. Come back and let me know if you enjoyed them.
- 8 baby red potatoes, halved
- olive oil
- kosher salt
- Italian Seasoning
- Parmesan cheese, grated
- Wash and clean potatoes.
- Cut potatoes in half.
- Boil in water and kosher salt until tender. (Until a fork can be stuck through the potatoes.)
- Preheat oven to 450F
- Pace a sheet of parchment paper on a baking sheet, spray with nonstick cooking spray.
- Place potatoes on the pan with the skin side down.
- Gently smash with a fork or potato smasher.
- Brush or dab some olive oil on each potato.
- Add desired amount of salt, pepper, Italian seasoning. and Parmesan cheese over each potato.
- Bake in oven for 20-25 minutes.
Serve and Enjoy!