27 March, 2017
Garlic Pepper Jack Shrimp Bites (Gluten Free)
These little bites of goodness are absolutely delicious! I came up with this recipe when I was making my super bowl menu a few months ago. I was impressed with the outcome and the flavor of this appetizer. I know my parents and husband enjoyed them as much as I did.
The batch I made today were for my nieces birthday party. I know my family loves shrimp so I am sure these will be gone in no time. The flavor of the sautéed shrimp together with the pepper jack cheese and the crunch of the multi grain cracker make this appetizer one that will please your shrimp loving guests.
I started out by sauteing the shrimp in olive oil, butter, garlic, and oregano. Then I baked it with some pepper jack cheese on a multi grain cracker. Yum!
Using raw shrimp is a must or you will have over cooked rubbery shrimp. If you don’t like the heat of pepper jack cheese you could use another kind like Gouda or Swiss. I however love the little kick of heat the pepper jack provides to the over all flavor.
I urge you if you like shrimp and garlic try this recipe out, you will not be disappointed!
- 30 large raw shrimp peeled and divined
- 1 Tbsp. olive oil
- 1 Tbsp. butter
- 4 cloves garlic
- salt and pepper
- 1/2 tsp. oregano
- 30 small slices of pepper jack cheese
- 30 multi grain oven roasted crackers. ( I get mine from Sam’s club)
- In a medium sauce pan over medium high heat add the olive oil and butter.
- Salt and pepper shrimp to taste.
- Once butter is melted add garlic and oregano. Let sit for a minute or two.
- Add shrimp.
- Cook on each side for 1 to 2 minutes, until shrimp are pink. Stir and remove from heat.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Place the crackers on the baking sheet.
- Place one shrimp on each cracker.
- Top with a small slice of pepper jack cheese.
- Bake at 350 for 8-10 minutes. Just long enough to melt the cheese.
- Remove and immediately serve.