22 April, 2017
Caramel Coffee Protein Frappe
Better than Starbucks in my opinion. Yes, this homemade drink is so good I would rather have it than a frappe from Starbucks. Not only is it delicious, but it’s not as expensive and has to be better for you than those specialty drinks from coffee shops. I know I only go to Starbucks when I have a gift card because I hate paying the crazy prices for their drinks.
This drink is a good pick me up in the middle of the day when you’re done drinking plain old coffee, but need a boost of caffeine to get you through the rest of your day. I also like to make this when I notice coffee still in the pot from the morning instead of dumping it down the drain.
One thing you will need is a blender bottle. Here is a picture of the one I use. I also make my own caramel sauce and whipped cream, but you can buy that all from the store. If your worried about calories you can skip the whipped cream, but I enjoy it from time to time.
If you like specialty drinks from coffee shops, but don’t like the prices, try this out and save some money!
- 1 cup brewed coffee
- 1/2 cup almond milk
- 1 scoop vanilla protein powder
- 2 Tbsp. caramel sauce (give or take)
- Whipped cream
- In a blender bottle add the coffee, almond milk, protein powder and caramel.
- Fill with ice and shake, until combined.
- Add some crushed ice into a nice glass.
- Pour into a glass and top with whipped cream.
- I put a few sprinkles on and a raspberry to make it look pretty. (optional)